Friday, July 21 – Sunday July 23, 2017
Begins at 4pm Friday until Sunday 5pm. Hours are flexible when you arrive and depart.
This is a special weekend organized twice a year. It combines the relaxed and fun activities of camping (some prefer to stay indoors at retreat center) and being in nature with small workshops on different aspects of spirituality inspired by Silo’s Message.
This weekend will also feature a workshop on Soap-making which is part of the centuries old Craft of Perfumery. It will be conducted by Amanuel Zellelow, an expert in the art of making soap. This is a fantastic hands-on workshop which gives you the opportunity to make your own (incredible) soap with essential oils. READ MORE HERE
This will be our 3rd year and it’s always full of surprises and inspiring experiences.
If you are:
– interested in spiritual growth (as a beginner or deepening your process).
– love spending time in nature
– feel the importance of meditating and being connected to one’s deeper self
– like being in a friendly community with meaningful conversations
– enjoy healthy food, s’mores and more.
There will be plenty of time to enjoy nature. The Hudson Valley Park is a gorgeous 5-acre site with a retreat center, an open meadow, winding paths in the forest, stream and waterfall, a sacred fountain, workshop building and more. www.hudsonvalleypark.org
Accommodations: The Hudson Valley Park has a retreat center with a main room, fully equipped kitchen, library, meditation room, 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms. There is a large meadow for the camping.
Sleep under the stars or in the retreat center:
The retreat center: For those who prefer to sleep under a roof, the center has accommodation for 10-12 people.
Tents: Bring your tent and gear and set up in the beautiful meadow at the Hudson Valley Park. Showers and hot water are available in the house.
Food: We love eating well and healthy. Breakfast and lunch will be buffet style and dinner will be a shared common meal. Be prepared to pitch in and help cook/serve/clean.
COSTS AND RESERVATIONS July 21 – 23, 2017
Cost: $80, includes 2 nights and meals (our cook is amazing). An added $20 fee for materials for the Soap-Making workshop.
RSVP is required with a $40 deposit (via paypal or check). A refund will be given if cancellation occurs by July 15. The remainder to be paid upon arrival.
After you RSVP, one of our organizers will get in touch with you to find out the time of your arrival, special needs, etc.
If you have any questions, please write to email@example.com or call 917-609-8029. Also visit www.hudsonvalleypark.org
The Hudson Valley Park is 90 miles north of NYC.
– For carpooling: If you are looking to carpool, people are encouraged to organize among themselves via the comments on this meetup page. Or if you plan to drive, let people know from where and how many passengers. Gas and tolls are shared (suggested $20 round trip to the driver).
– For driving directions: click here
– Public Transportation: Adirondack Trailways has frequent buses going to Kingston from the Port Authority in Manhattan. For info click here. Arrangements can be made to pick you up at the Kingston Bus Station or you can take a taxi, It’s about 4 miles to the Hudson Valley Park. Please get in contact with us.
Other important details
–Bring your own linen (twin-size sheets, pillowcase and towel).
–Hudson Valley Park is an alcohol- and drug-free environment